Intermission from Montana...

Taylor asked Jesus into her heart this morning...

I awoke to her standing by my bed next to my head.

She told me in no uncertain terms, "Daddy, I don't want to go to hell."

I asked her why she was worried about that and she said her sisters told her she was going there because she hadn't asked Jesus into her heart.

I told her that asking Jesus into her heart was about more than just not going to hell.

She didn't seem to care.

I got up to take a shower and she walked into the bathroom and said, "Daddy can you ask Jesus into my heart?"

"Can I ask Jesus into Your heart?" I responded sarcastically.

She nodded.

I told her that I couldn't, but that I would help her ask Jesus into her own heart.

She said, "OK".

I told her I wanted to take a shower first and then I thought this could be a bad idea because I remembered evangelists preaching about how you never can be sure if you put off salvation that you won't get struck by a train or something other hard moving object in the meantime. I wondered if she would be ok until after my shower or if a train my run her down. I decided to take my chances.

I dried myself off, clothed my body, and took her to her sister, Kami's room.

I explained the gospel in 4 year old terms and wanted to make crystal clear that I would not let her get saved out of fear of burning in hell alone. I wanted her to want Jesus, not just not want weeping and gnashing of teeth where the worm never dies.

She seemed to get that.

I asked her about sin and whether she knew she was a sinner. She said that she did. (I don't know how she couldn't what with her intense level of sinful behavior as of late).

We talked about sin, blood and holiness.

She looked at me like, "Can we just pray?"

We both knelt by the bed and she clasped her little four year old hands.

I told her to repeat after me but to remember that she was talking to God.

I led her in a tender little simple prayer of salvation.

When I said, "In Jesus name" she rushed to "Amen" so I hope it went through.

This means that all of my daughters have recieved Christ as their Savior. They are still figuring out how to make him their Lord, but so am I, so I'll cut 'em some slack.

This is a good day...a very, very good day. Thank you, Jesus, for hiding yourself from the learned and revealing yourself to little children. For this has been, and will always be, your pleasure.

Today it is mine as well.

Comments

Jecca said…
that's fantastic! :)
skyler watson said…
Hi. My name is Skyler, and I've been asked to sing The Story at a wedding in July. I'm anxious to sing it, and my guitar player requested the sheet music. I knew that for a while you had your sheet music on your website, but it looks like your website isn't up any longer. If you have any idea where I can get the sheet music, or chords, etc, or if you yourself could email them to me, I would really very appreciate it.

Thanks!

P.S. My email is skyler@hillenburg.com.

Popular Posts