Follow by Email

Friday, September 21, 2012

Hang on, boys. We're coming.

I can't show you the pictures of my sons quite yet, not until our court date on Oct. 22nd.  You would understand better the impulses I feel to move heaven and earth to go and get them right now if you could gaze upon their faces.

Something about seeing them standing there with their names taped to the front of their shirts makes me feel like they are prisoners waiting for someone to post bail.  I say "gaze upon their faces", but the painful truth is that their faces are already semi-faceless.  They have surely bounced around enough by now to realize the concept of home or parents isn't in their deck of cards, let alone their hand.

They stare at the camera with a far away look in their eyes, the older one (Joshua) especially.  He is about two and a half and every time I see his face his eyes look hollowed out.  Don't get me wrong, his eyes are big and brown and beautiful...soft and gentle and kind...but the pilot light is flickering, weak and weakening the longer he floats in transition, stays in borderland.

The baby (Caleb) is about 7 months old and has much more life in his face, but even then, the few pictures we've been blessed with show a lostness that pains me.  Every day that goes by I wonder if anything else will "get to him".  Days mean everything in these formative seasons of development and it makes me wonder what traits and tendencies are being forged in this temporary "holding pattern".

I don't question that they are being loved by someone right now, but it is not my wife, myself or my girls.  I feel so removed from their goings on and powerless to affect change or influence development. Each night as I set my alarm on my phone and plug it into the charger, I see their faces and am reminded to pray for them.  My first thought each night that I either whisper under my breath or say into my own head is "Hang on, boys.  We're coming to get you.  Hold on."  I know that's not a prayer, but I'm hoping the Spirit can take that limping language and translate it into protection and provision.  My anchoring thought is that God is fathering them and He will watch out for them as any good dad would.

The days are dragging along and with every day I feel a stab of fear that we are losing precious time as we follow due process.  The long and short of it is that they are there and we are here and that is just increasingly unacceptable.

Join us in prayer for our sons...

"Hang on, boys.  We're coming for you."

5 comments:

Kathy Cortner said...

So well written, Jason. I too am longing to hold those sweet little boys. I am excited to see the transformations to come in their sweet heart and then to see joy manifested in their sweet faces.

ninest123 said...

moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, moncler outlet, pandora charms, canada goose outlet, bottes ugg, moncler, canada goose uk, replica watches, hollister, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski, moncler, swarovski crystal, links of london, ugg boots uk, moncler, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, canada goose outlet, canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, wedding dresses, moncler

ninest123 said...

timberland boots, soccer shoes, nike roshe, asics running shoes, oakley, juicy couture outlet, beats by dre, new balance, jimmy choo shoes, vans, north face outlet, instyler, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, baseball bats, hollister, karen millen, gucci, lancel, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, louboutin, reebok shoes, north face outlet, converse outlet, hollister, herve leger, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, ghd, nike air max, mont blanc, chi flat iron, nfl jerseys, toms shoes, supra shoes, mac cosmetics, converse, babyliss, wedding dresses, celine handbags, ray ban, vans shoes, nike air max, montre pas cher, soccer jerseys, p90x workout, birkin bag

ninest123 said...

vans pas cher, michael kors outlet, mulberry, michael kors, sac guess, new balance pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, true religion outlet, hogan, true religion jeans, burberry, hollister, hollister, oakley pas cher, true religion jeans, coach purses, michael kors outlet, timberland, ray ban uk, converse pas cher, north face, burberry outlet online, longchamp, michael kors, nike huarache, michael kors outlet, tn pas cher, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, hermes, air force, lululemon, nike blazer, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, nike trainers, ralph lauren uk, nike air max, nike roshe, nike air max, michael kors, north face, vanessa bruno, ugg boots, true religion jeans, hollister pas cher, nike free run uk, abercrombie and fitch

ninest123 said...

polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, longchamp, uggs on sale, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin shoes, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors, cheap oakley sunglasses, burberry, louboutin outlet, air jordan pas cher, jordan shoes, prada outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, louboutin pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, replica watches, sac longchamp, coach outlet, tiffany and co, prada handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, nike free, chanel handbags, nike outlet, longchamp outlet, replica handbags, coach outlet, nike air max, nike roshe run, ugg boots, tiffany jewelry, replica watches, nike free, kate spade outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, air max, kate spade handbags