Life Verses...

Psalm 38:7
"For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh."

This morning I just realized why there are certain days when I missed reading the King James Version. Where else can you find comedic relief like this?  This is seriously funny.  If it offends you, you need to loosen up and live a little.  Go ahead, laugh...you have my wholehearted permission.  I don't care who you are, this is funny.  

I dare you to go to your doctor and quote this verse to him.

Today, this has just turned into my favorite life verse.  I have two others I thought I'd share with you that will give you all the ammunition you need to fight against taking Scripture out of context.  Here are two other verses that I've highjacked out of context and converted into "life verses".  Life verses...what a funny concept! ha.

2 Corinthians 11:1 (My ministry life verse)
1I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that. 

1 Corinthians 7:29 (My marriage life verse)
29What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they had none.

"May the Lord blessed the reading of his Word today."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Jason -

In high school I used to say that Psalm 119:99 was my life verse:

"I have more insight than all my teachers."

You have to love taking Scripture out of context!

Popular Posts