Second Expression of Love...the Aesthetic.

Mark 12:30 - Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Sects in the Emerald City

Scarecrow – (Heart)

Dorothy – Nostalgia (Soul)

Tinman – Brain (Mind)

Lion – Courage (Strength)

THE AESTHETIC

To remove the aesthetic from the church is to perform what is called in ancient medicine…

lo·bot·o·my - surgery to remove the part of the brain that produces affective behavior.

What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul. – Jesus


Psalm 42

As the deer pants for streams of water,

so my soul pants for you, O God.

2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. 


When can I go and meet with God?

They are…

Esoteric – pertaining to things within

Not so much…

Exoteric – pertaining to things without

3 My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long,

"Where is your God?"

4 These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng.

Future РCarpe Ma̱ana

Today - Carpe Diem

Yesterday – Carpe Pristinus

**pristinus : former, venerable, ancient, antique

5 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God,

for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. 


My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you from the land of the Jordan, the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.

7 Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; 
 all your waves and breakers have swept over me.

8 By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me—a prayer to the God of my life.

9 I say to God my Rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?"

10 My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me, saying to me all day long, "Where is your God?"

11 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? 
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

These are the things that stir a soulful person...


Creation

Nature Lovers

Animal Lovers

People Watchers

History/Traditions

Movie Lovers

Book Lovers

Romantic/Chivalrous

Liturgical/Religious

Beauty/Symmetry

Landscapers

Designers

Gardening


Pychologists/Counselors

Therapy/Massage

Outdoorsman/Hunting

Sentimental Traditions/Holidays

Nostaligic/Homesick

Creating Memories

Story-Oriented

Church/Kingdom

Counseling/Listening

Prayer Warriors

Worshippers

Spiritual Warfare

Seen/Unseen


Lord, raise up the aesthetics in the church again. We need them.

Comments

Popular Posts