10 funny things about being a pastor...

1. It rhymes with the word, “Pester”.
2. I go through cars like toilet paper.
3. A lot of people treat me as if I’ve been granted immunity from sin.
4. There is a month dedicated to appreciating me.
5. I do PR work for someone I’ve never seen or heard or touched.
6. Trying to live up to the title, “Man of the Cloth”, whatever that means.
7. Seeing “Reverend” stamped in front of my name on the Bible I got for being ordained.
8. Watching people sleep while I’m preaching…that’s hilarious.
9. How, often, I feel further from God than the people who aren’t pastors.
10. Being asked to pray before meals just because I'm the professional "pray-er".

Comments

Ty said…
That all is so true!
Blue Like Jazz said…
"How, often, I feel further from God than the people who aren’t pastors."

i'm not a pastor, dude, but i feel this. i live this. i wonder if it's something that everyone called to a position of leadership struggles with...

have you seen Amazing Grace or Luther? i could feel their burden of wanting, not, needing to change the world, even when people just didn't get it, even when their own hearts said they weren't good enough...

and yet they wouldn't stop until they changed everything...

you're in good company, Jason, keeping marching on...

freedom is here...


-J
When I was going through a counseling class recently I lamented what a shame it is that people look to pastors as though they have some magic link to God that no lay minister could ever have. Why can't people see that all Christians ought to strive to be as Christ, working alongside each other for the building up of the body just as the Bible says--not relegating that duty to leadership alone? It is a sad reminder of how broken we are as a body.
Vortex

Popular Posts