attack...

I don't know how many reading this are involved in ministry (the salvaging and ennobling of people's hearts and lives), but I thought I'd let you in on something. I go back and forth as to what metaphor most aptly describes the life of a Jesus follower. But the one that makes the most sense is one that I heard from somewhere..."A love story set within a great battle". Something about that covers all the bases. It doesn't focus solely on the battle of life, it gives just due to the beauty of life as well. But today, the beauty seems to be shrouded with the battle.

Satan is on the move. I know, God is on the move, but let me give Satan some credit for a change. We tend to write him off as a defeated foe to soon. He is still active and brilliant. He is powerful and persuasive. He is sly and cunning. He is alive and well. That's right...alive and well.

I've seen him at work this week...people are losing jobs, marriages are on the rocks, children are falling apart....I could go on.

Just now, a man came into my office. He opened the door and started crying because a family that said they would take his dog decided that they couldn't anymore. This man and his family are moving and there is alot of pressure in their lives right now. Without elaborating, they are being pressed from every side and are on the brink of unraveling emotionally. So as the man talked to me about his dog and was trying to figure out what to do...I stopped him and said, "It's going to be alright." I stood up and hugged him in the hall and he fell apart, I mean sobbed like a little boy in my arms. I continued to embrace him letting him vent all his pent up feelings. He kept saying, "I just can't...I just...I just don't...I can't..." I knew what he was trying to say.

Isn't it amazing that life can take you out so bad that a simple thing like a dog can break you? People are dropping like flies. I talked on the phone this morning with another marriage being drug through a knothole backwards. She simply said, "I think we need to meet with someone." A great couple who loves God taking one to many hits to the heart until finally they are at a loss for words and direction.

Yesterday I prayed through two houses that seemed to be influenced by the enemy. For 5 hours on Friday afternoon I devoted my life to inviting God to reclaim ground the enemy had stolen. Restoration, Redemption, Renewal, Cleansing, Authority...just flat out giving God access to rule and reign in these homes once again. I don't know if it did anything...cause it's all unseen battle stuff, but I just can't sit back and watch people ravished any longer.

There is nothing more motivating that when you feel like you're losing.

Someone's on the prowl. He's looking for another person to devour. Devour. He's stealing and killing a destorying as I write. He's masquading as an angel of light. He's alive and well, y'all.

I'm not sure what else to say...I'm tired of fighting. I need more ammunition. I need more backup. I need more hope. I need more.

Comments

Kate McDonald said…
PJ-

in this blog you are feeling my heart! we have been fighting and struggling just to keep our heads and hearts above drowning..i know there is an amazing move of the Lord BECAUSE i feel the attack so strongly in the churches i go to...and in me..and in my marriage...i have felt the urge to fight and beatt my fist into the air, but also am longing for a rest in the Lord..its strange to want them both at the same time....something is seriously going on- you arent the only one who is feeling it....praying for you
kate
Anonymous said…
JJ

Thanks for sharing your heart. You can probably guess that Satan is up to the same ploys out here. I witnessed some of it this weekend. A mutual friend of ours, again, has fallen into a public sin that will affect his future ministry. My own family is dealing with issues of open sin. Standing with a fist raised to heaven is very dangerous. I look forward to seeing you.

Popular Posts