playing: the sequel

...the sleeping beauties woke from their slumber with a hunger for wonder. I was rested and ready to give them just that. I told them we were heading to the shores of a small creek for a picnic. Their eyes lit up and I started packing the wicker basket. What did I pack, you ask? The essential food groups: Cheese, fruit snacks, icey pops, pringles, and Welch's grape juice straight from the quart. When we finished our picnic, Aly said, "Dad, this wasn't a picnic...this was just a big snack." I came back with some rebuttal like, "Nughha."

After we ate our "Big Snack", we moved down the the creek to wade in up to our shins. In a matter of two minutes, the girls were skinny dipping up to their chins and I was building a dam in the middle of the current. (No, I wasn't skinny dipping, though I was tempted more than once) They laughed and splashed each other with glee. What a day. What a couple of days.

I think I hear God upstairs again. My daughters are listening to Beth's new cd and dancing around like theirs no tomorrow. Because for them, there might as well not be. Today is plenty enough to keep them occupied. I can't believe how close to God I've felt this weekend. Who would have known all I had to do is play with my daughters.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Jay,

Thanks for putting down your thoughts and experiences with your kids. I relate totally to you. What an awesome gifts from God - kids...

Popular Posts