Kami, Surgery, Again

Last night Heidi and I sat on the loveseat and prayed for our daughter who was going to have a small surgery to get the tubes removed from her ears. But after all the surgeries my little girl has undergone, there is no routine surgery. They are all traumatic and monumental. I wept for her last night. I hate to see fear well up in her eyes.

Two weeks ago when Kami went to the doctor to find out what needed to happen, I came home from work and she slowly walked towards me and broke into a million pieces saying, "Dad, I have to have another surgery." I picked her up in my arms and hugged her tightly. She left a stain of tears on my shoulder. Her head was buried in my neck. We sat on the couch and I let her melt into my body for as long as she needed to.

This morning it took five people to hold her down so that they could put the mask on her face that puts her under. Five people. Tell me it's routine. I hate seeing my daughter go through this stuff...I don't care how necessary it is, it rots bigtime.

God, be with my firstborn.

Comments

Kate McDonald said…
wow...tell Kami i love her and am praying for her... sweet girl...
Anonymous said…
Jason, Thanks so much for our interaction this past week. I have been doing some soul searching.

We will pray for Kami. I will tell Leah and Mack to pray for her too. Remember, she is God's child more than she is yours. He is good, very good - a much better father than we are to our own children. May He choose to grant comfort, healing, laughter, singing, joy in the life of your family.

Popular Posts