should I let my hair down...

I'm 31 years of age. To some, I'm still a ripe chap. To others, full of the rot of old age. I'm not sure who I'm supposed to look up to as far as trends are concerned. One conundrum perplexing me as of late is the issue of my hair. For years, I've thought very little about my hair style choosing to stick with what's worked for me. It's the short cut combed forward with a little spike thing going on in the front. It was made popular back in the late 90's and I've been trapped hopelessly since the 20th century. (sounds like it was decades ago.) The last two days I've been wondering whether I should grow my hair out like so many are doing these days.

But if I choose this way of life, I must pay the price of looking gritty for months on end. I would revisit the oily, disheveled Jr. High season of my life...the eye-soar in between look that I would just as soon blot out of my hairy history.

I don't know what to do...let it go or chop it off.

"Lord, show me what to do with these locks of love!!"

Comments

Jim said…
Bald is beautiful...shave it off.
Daniel Rudd said…
right on jim..

mrtrick has a good idea. Why not combine the two (that's what I do)

Every monday morning I go in to Locks of Love and say "I'm here to donate my hair, could you please shave my head again."

Oh sure, it's probably impossible to make a wig out of a million tiny pieces of hair (each less than an eight of an inch long), but it's a free haircut, and can feel good about my charitability all day long.
~Skeeter~ said…
Grow it out! Tee Hee..then come back and visit all of us calstumians...nobody will know what to think :)
Wags said…
dye it red buddy... cuz red's not dead.

pianoman... soon Jason's writings, music, book, thoughts, etc. will be at www.jasonholdridge.com
Jim said…
I have $5 if you shave it all off. $50 if you can include it in the Christmas service.
Ty said…
Hey Jay,
first of all thanks for the invite...I think about you often and wander how things are for you, so I was excited to get the message....

hmmm in regard to the 31 year old thing, I can relate...I would say I like the short near bald approach...I have a friend that is trying the other and it appears he's trying to be 21 again and isn't fooling anyone :o)

~Ty Godwin

Popular Posts