I wish I was a kid again...

I met a guy for coffee who uttered these words. These seven words run around inside my head all the time. Like C.S. Lewis says, "I don't know if it's wishful thinking or thoughtful wishing", but whatever it is, there something to it. I long for the days when I didn't know so much. When I didn't know where the sun went at night. When I didn't know why the sound of birds accompanied the spring. When I didn't know how big the woods really were behind my house. When I didn't know how far away a star was or when I saw the Big Dipper for the first time (it formed itself in my mind as I connected the dots). When I didn't know what it was about a song that drew me in. When I didn't care about money and how the bills were going to be paid. When I explored in the barn hoping to unearth some great mystery. When I really believed that things were waiting to be discovered. When I didn't have any idea how many people were alive on this planet (it's grown almost 2 billion people since I was born in '74). When McDonalds was Heaven. When I didn't think about what people thought about me. When I thought sin was really bad and felt conviction over things like getting into the refrigerator and talking back to an adult. When my conscience was as sensative as my tastebuds and my innocense pure like the dew. When I didn't worry about tomorrow or fret about yesterday. When I didn't know about how much people hated each other. When I didn't need something spectacular to get a rush...simple did the trick. When I didn't know that all the beautiful places in the world were being commercialized. When I didn't have any idea how dirty politics were. When I thought the church had God's best interests in mind. When I didn't question God's presence because I believed what He said about Himself, "I will never leave you or forsake you." When I didn't need so much to feel satisfied. When I didn't wonder who my real friends were or where they were. When I didn't try so hard. When I slept through the night. OH, to sleep through the night again.

But I'm not a kid, I'm a grown up. I'm one of those people that seems to think survival is success. At least that's what I feel I'm supposed to believe. I think I'll just keep wishing I was a kid again and maybe, just maybe, I'll get lucky enough to relive one of those beautiful realities. Like it says in Eccl. "with much knowledge comes much sorrow." I just wish I didn't know so much sometimes. They say knowledge is power. I'm not sure who "they" are, but I think they're up a "crick".

Comments

Kathy said…
So true! I feel the same way. Thanks.
Nikki451 said…
Man, I know what you mean. In fact, I was just a few minutes ago Googling "I wish I was a kid again" to see what I'd find, and I found your blog here. I feel that way a lot, too, even though I'm only 13.
TxBlorean said…
This morning on my way into work I started to think about how complicated things have been for me lately. I started to think about a time when life was so simple and fun. No drama with work or relationships. The only time I kept coming back to was when I was a kid. Your words were perfect. Oh I so wish I was a kid again. Thanks.
Anonymous said…
Well said. Well said.
Unknown said…
i feel you
Anonymous said…
Funny, I just thought about the scriptures in the book of Ecclesiastes the other day. I can relate....just googled those same words today, aaaahhhh (sigh).
Anonymous said…
It really is been said that guys want intercourse, females
want adore. Nicely, I am a lady and that i want both.

Do guys seek out love? What's intimate to guys?

Review my site How Attract Girls
Anonymous said…
Must possess a had a unusual being pregnant. I never ever wore
maternity trousers, drank that orange things (I brought orange juice and experienced that as an alternative), threw up every day.
And that i By no means made a infant registry.
I did not know my hcg levels, never had them tested.
I would experienced an ultrasound, and that i knew what I had been seeking at
once i did have them. If I have been to add anything it
will be some thing completely dumb. I'd add being pregnant brain. What else could explain realizing complete nicely your expecting, and being aware of what occurs when your pregnant. Yet you complain endlessly about how your bra does not fit and also you can not figure out why. Or forever seeking for the telephone, only to provide up and whenever you get again in the toilet (for your millionth time) you comprehend you were sitting down on it- once more. Placing your clothing on only to take them again off once again so it is possible to include underwear this time...

Feel free to surf to my webpage - 2 girls teach sex video

Popular Posts