some recent quotes that slay me...

"Moderation is the last refuge for the unimaginative." -Oscar Wilde

"Many know how to please, but know not when they have ceased to give pleasure." - Sir Arthur Helps

"Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"He was like a cock who though the sun had risen to hear him crow." - George Eliot

"I am more afraid of an army of one hundred sheep led by a lion than an army of one hundred lions led by a sheep." - Charles Maurice

"The tradegy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather what they miss." - Thomas Carlyle

"It's but little good you'll do a-watering last year's crops." - George Eliot


Reading is something of a therapy for me, a cathartic experience that looses the spirit of Jason to fly. I find deep solace in the scribblings of the dead, especially. Presently, I write for the freedom of my own heart...but in so doing, I hope to stay alive even when I'm gone. I dream of my girls reading my ramblings and musings to their kids drinking deep of "their grandpa's" heart and talking of what it must have been like to be me. Maybe I'm just living a lie, but that is one thing that makes me want to "waste the time" logging my heart's journey. Maybe all my thoughts will be buried with me, and if so, I will be the better for putting my thoughts down into words if for nothing other than the sanity of my own soul...but you can't blame a young man for hoping that his family will care enough about him to wander back to his writings to find a center in their existance. It sounds foolish to think this way at my age.

Comments

Popular Posts