unrelated storylines...

I was praying with my eldest last night before bed and, as is our custom, she started us out. Unfortunately, she's already figured out that prayer can be rote and routine, so she often times just prays for the same things in the same order. This time around she deviated from the script and it took me back. She started out as she always does, "Dear Jesus, thank you for the day, it was a good day and I hope you had a good day. Thank you for our family and our house and my room and my bed--this is where it took a turn--and for (food, water, shelter and space.) Thanks for our friends coming to visit and we love you God, Amen." Food, water, shelter and space? She rattled it off like it was no big deal. I asked her about it and she said, "I learned in class this week that that is what animals need to stay alive." What a trip! You never know where prayer may take you on any given evening.

So, this last weekend, I spoke on Sat. night and pretty much bit the noodle. My mind was so foggy the whole time I was speaking. There were literally times when I would forget what I just said and concurrently what I wanted to say next. At that point, your mouth keeps moving only because it would just feel strange for people to watch you staring at the back wall until something came to your lips. I feel like I let God down, he had something he wanted to say through me and I just bombed. I guess you could say that if I was a tool in God's hands, I malfunctioned. I hate when that happens. It just feels like I wasted a good many people's time. I hate wasting time, mine or anothers. Oh well, there's bound to be those days...

Comments

Jeff said…
Bro-
You have been in my thoughts and prayers often in the past two weeks. I enjoy keeping up with you through the blog, but it sounds as if it has been a struggle. As someone has already posted, it is not in vain...

Popular Posts