subtle differences...

I sometimes don't feel very discerning. Like I can't distinguish between my flesh and my spirit. It seems to me that fasting becomes important for this very reason (something I rarely do, honestly). I'm wondering if fasting would clear up the bottlenecked confusion in my inner man between similar, but totally different things...

things like...
Joy and Happiness
Content and Complacent
Concern and Worry
Pleasure and Fun
Friendship and Acquaintance
Discipline and Legalism
Patience and Passivity
Passion and Perfectionism
Sorrow and Depression
Indignation and Anger
Holiness and Self-righteousness
Truth and Feeling
Love and Lust
Peace and Resignation
Worship and Emotionalism
Desire and Selfishness
Spirit and Flesh...

Starving our Flesh and Feeding our Spirit...only then to we see the difference between seemingly parallel attitudes and emotions...

Comments

Popular Posts