Jason is in the Bible - Acts - pages 76-83

Acts 17:5 - But the Jews were jealous; so they rounded up some bad characters from the marketplace, formed a mob and started a riot in the city. They rushed to Jason's house..."
_________________________


Didn't know my name was in the Holy Scriptures, did you?  Jason wasn't a mighty warrior or an eye-witness of Jesus.  He wasn't going around preaching the gospel, nor did he serve as an elder in his church.  He didn't appear to have a position of authority or a deep knowledge of the kingdom. He was just a guy. 


But he was more than a guy.  He was a good guy.  


I love this little account of Jason.  All he is known for in the Scriptures is the way he welcomed people into his house that were fleeing jealous people.  And jealous people are some of the most vicious in the church.  Once they get their cross-hairs on someone, it doesn't take long for them to form a bloody coo and plot an assault.


Rabble rousers are in every church, every extended family, and every workplace.  "Birds of a feather flock together" as they say.  Flies find the Feces...they swarm.  And they don't just find it, they eat it...they love it.  I hope you saw the plot of a divisive person...this is so universal you can take it to the bank.  Bet all your money on this horse.


This text pegs them to the dart board...check it out:
1.  They were jealous.
2.  They rounded up some bad characters.
3.  They formed a mob.
4.  They started a riot.


If I've seen it once I've seen it a thousand times.  It's clockwork.  Jealousy...bad characters...mob mentality...an all out riot.  Jealousy is serious business...I'm just saying.


So Jason is like the coolest guy ever.  Where do the disciples go when they need a trusted friend to protect them from the angry mob of jealous characters?  Jason's house.  I want to be this kind of person...the one who protects leaders who are being harassed by nutjobs.  The one who doesn't get in on the mud flinging.  The one to whom people go when they need someone to trust.


I want that house.  I want that heart.


I want to be like Jason.  Oh wait, I am Jason.



Comments

XERO said…
I wonder if Jason was a comforter, or more of the "SQUASH THE DRAMA" type.

Popular Posts