A prayer before I read the Word this week...

God,

I come to you through the name of your Son, Jesus Christ.  My appeal to be heard isn't based on my goodness, but your grace.  As I interact with your Word this week, I need your Spirit to illuminate the eyes of my heart.  I realize that my expectancy as I approach your Word makes all the difference in the world in how I experience you, so I desire to start each reading with anticipation.  I will read each and every word for transformation instead of information.  I pray for spiritual protection against all distraction and deception.  Surround our time together with angelic armies warring off all darkness.  Make me acutely aware of each detail that you desire to reveal to me.  Give me increased sensitivity to the motions and emotions of the sacred text.  Above all, let me leave each time spent in your Word with an increased hunger for more, that our times would both satisfy and create longing.  And may you be held in high honor, taking your rightful place as the King of my heart.  You are my Rabbi.  I am your Talmid.  Teach me your ways.

In Jesus name, Amen.


Comments

Wonderer said…
Amen!

Popular Posts