A letter from God I wrote for a women's retreat one time...

My child…

You cannot know how much I’ve been looking forward to spending this weekend with you.  I’ve been counting down the days ever since I heard that you were coming.  I know how much you need these couple of days away.  Life has a way of draining you and leaving you empty and tired.  I want to refresh you this weekend.  Will you let me come close to you and whisper something into your ear?  Come a little closer…

“I love you.”

 

Sometimes I know that you don’t sense that and it feels like I owe you an apology.  Let me explain.  It is my love for you that puts you in harms way.  Satan attacks you because of how much I love you.  There is only one thing that Satan can do to hurt me, and that is to hurt you.  He knows that you are precious to me.  He sees how much you affect me.  He knows the passion I have for you.  And he uses it against me.   He attacks you with feelings of loneliness and futility.  He mounts attacks on your relationships and your marriage.  He makes you question your worth and your beauty.  But it’s not about you.  It’s about me.  He does it to get to me.  You know why?  Because when he gets to you, he gets to me. 

 

I know that doesn’t always make sense, but I wanted to let you in on the reason for the attacks you’ve been facing.  And I want you to know something else…I know you and I’m with you.  This weekend I want you to experience my presence with you through every struggle you’re up against.  I want you to be assured of my love for you in ways that you’ve never known before.  I want you to feel a sense of how beautiful you are to me and how proud I am of you.  Let me love you this weekend.

 

Let me love you.

 

God 

Comments

Popular Posts