old journal entries 2002 A.D. ...

06-05-02

I had just gotten home from running some errands. I was beat and was just laying on my stomach at the foot of the bed when my daughter, Kamryn Rose, came in and grabbed my cheeks with her beautiful hands and squeezed my face into her lips. She kept doing that over and over again and then finally whispered the words that your heart longs to hear…“Daddy, you are my best friend in the whole wide world!” I replied, “What did you say?” She quickly rapped her arms around my neck and responded, “You are my very best friend in the whole wide world!” I smiled and hugged her tight for as long as she would let me before she got claustrophobic. As quickly as the moment came…it was over.

I don’t even have to wonder anymore what God feels when we lavish our love on him throughout our day. He drinks it in exactly like I did yesterday. He doesn’t say, “Well, it’s about time.” Or “Yeah, I already knew that…tell me something I don’t know.” Or “Get a number and step in line, you’re just one of many.” It’s piercing and penetrating. It grabs him and moves him. We must know that…or we lose heart.

I just wanted to remind our hearts of the real God that we love and serve. He can’t wait to hear you say the words, “Daddy, You’re my very best friend in the whole wide world!”

Comments

Popular Posts