old journal entries 2004 A.D. ...

03-03-04

I love playing with my kids...especially if I’m the one making up the game. 

We were on our way home from church on Sunday night and I decided to open the sunroof on my stealth ’91 Acura Integra. I pushed the button and Kami watched as the window slid back and revealed the starlit sky. She asked how it happened and I told her that God did it. I told her that if she would pray to God, he would close it back up. She smiled and prayed, “God, could you please close the top.” Before she could finish her sentence, I pushed the button that was concealed to the left of the steering wheel. She then asked God to open it back up. As she watched it open, she turned to Aly and said, “Aly, he really listensed this time!” Aly squealed and said something about a goat. I hope this little game doesn’t wound her prayer life in the future. 

I just love watching them come alive to the simplest things. It awakens something inside of me to follow suit. I’m so thankful I have children, I’m learning more than I’ll ever be able to teach them.

They are the apples of my eye.

Comments

Popular Posts